ru en kz

HISTORY

Strong roots, stability and trust

Baumann GmbH & Co. KG can look back on a long, eventful and successful history.

The beginning

The company’s roots lie in a small butcher’s shop the Baumann family owned in Viernheim. In addition to selling meat, the grandfather bred and sold sheep.


1946

In the mid-1940s, sheep breeding became the family’s main business and the butcher’s shop was closed.


1980

At the beginning of the 1980s, Josef and Robert Baumann founded Lammschlachterei Baumann GmbH, which was devoted to the purchase, fattening, utilisation and trade of sheep, lambs, cows and calves.


1996

Lammschlachterei Baumann GmbH became Baumann GmbH.


 

2008

Baumann GmbH & Co. KG. was founded. The family company expanded and began to offer services in several other areas. Agricultural consultancy focusing on sheep breeding in particular, lamb and cattle fattening, animal feed production, and animal care and husbandry all became important business areas.
Having started with just a handful of employees, the enterprise has grown continuously to become what is now one of Germany’s largest commercial slaughterhouses. Its knowledge of the animals, which it has been able to increase and share, and its proven skills in the butchery trade enable Baumann GmbH to guarantee its customers products of the very best quality and culinary enjoyment of the highest level. Baumann GmbH has reached a top position in the lamb market.
We will retain and build on this position for you with great commitment and solid expertise.